One of the easiest and most affordable ways to add style, warmth, colour & pattern to any space is with the proper use of fabrics. With so much selection out there, it might get a little overwhelming when it is time to decorate your space. But not to worry, I’ve come up with a list of possible ways you could decorate with fabrics to take the guess work out of decorating and help you visualize how great your space can look, thanks to the amazing world of textiles!
- Window Treatments, such as drapes / curtains - If you want to create warmth, add a bit of drama and frame the window, then drapes / curtains are essential. Possible ways of dressing up a window include panels on either side of the window, with a sheer curtain or a roman shade in between to let in the natural light. It is a good idea to invest in quality drapes that have a simple cotton flannel interlining. The benefits include that this sort of protection blocks out up to 98% of light allowing you to have a good night’s sleep and also protects the drapes from UV ray discoloration over time. They also help you save money on your heating and air conditioning bills and reduce unwanted outside noise.
- Throw Pillows – Pillows are a great way to bring in a designers touch to any space. Thanks to the pillows, a boring gray or beige couch can be transformed into a stunning focal point. Between the living, family room, basement and a bedroom, pillows can be used just about anywhere – from an armchair, to a sofa, to a bed and a side chair, they add a delicate and soft touch to any space. Since it’s on such a small scale, don’t be scared to go for some bold and graphic patterns, which will really add some visual interest to the room. Think of it as an important accessory, without which an outfit simply wouldn’t be complete. And just as most accessories, it is a relatively inexpensive investment and can be easily changed from season to season, or as you grow tired of it.
- Bedding – The bed is usually the biggest piece of furniture in the bedroom; therefore, it grabs your attention as soon as you walk into the room; and as such, it is quite important to address the bedding and not neglect the bed as a decorating step. There are tons of great ready-made bedding options out there, and some of them have quite a custom look. Bed-in-a-bag is a cost effective solution, but sometimes you have to look harder than others to find the one you like. Depending on your style and colour preference, you could indulge yourself in either soft blues, muted greens, or go for more bold and graphic patterns such as the examples shown.
- Tablecloths, Table Runners & Napkins – Why not dress up your dining room table, even if you’re not waiting on company? Bringing fresh colour, and pattern into your surroundings is easier than you think. Now, I’m not an expert sewer by any means, but if you can’t find anything you like in ready-made format, why not get creative and make it yourself? It would be a lot easier to find the fabric you love, and then create your own, one of a kind table runner, tablecloth and napkins. The best part is that it is an inexpensive way to inject some serious style, and personality into your space, without braking the bank, and also, it’s easy to change seasonally or if you get tired of the same thing.
- Fabric art – Think outside the box for this little DIY. Find the fabric you absolutely love, get a canvas and a staple gun. Carefully stretch and staple the fabric to the back of the canvas. Or for an easier approach, you can always just frame the fabric, which would have a more finished look, like the examples shown. Now you’ve got an original piece of art that you can be proud of creating!
These are just a couple of the creative ways you can introduce some fun design into you space. Now that you can see the endless array of gorgeous & yummy fabric designs, I hope you feel inspired to bring in some fun fabrics into your home as well.
Photo Source: www.apartmenttherapy.com, www.decoratingbargains.com, www.thechocolateblues.com, www.theshadestore.com, www.restorationhardware.com, www.hostessblog.com, www.joom.etsy.com, www.pillowsandthrows.com, www.2modern.com, www.designpublic.com, www.plumparty.com, www.essereorganics.com, www.wrapables.com, www.allmodern.com, http://morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com